Turnaround Time

As a retired citizen living on a limited fixed income, I am writing to protest the NuSkin unfair business practices of that “extorted” from me $97.28.On 18 December 2016 I was connected to a website when suddenly a notice burst on my screen that that I had won a “free prize.” I was informed I had won a jar of NutraSkin anti-aging cream.

I thought it would serve as a Christmas “stocking stuffer for my wife. I was informed my free trial would only cost (for mailing and insurance) $1.99 from ski*skin restore and $2.95 from www.skinrejuvenate.net. To allay fears of a scam, red print read: "Exclusive 30 Day Free Trial." This statement turned out to be a lie! Until I read my Master Charge bill at the end of January, I had no idea that I had unwittingly become a victim of NutraSkin’s unfair and deceptive trade practices.

Returning to the Internet page on which I indicated willingness to receive the “free gift,” I became aware of NutraSkin’s violation of established concepts of fair dealing. • I had not noticed that NutraSkin made sure that the detailed conditions that applied to me and others who accepted the “free gift” were located on screens separate from the announcement of the “free gift.” The net effect of separating the announcement of a “free gift” from the screen that presented the equivalent of 36 pages of detailed lawyer-crafted pro-NutraSkin & anti-consumer “conditions,” constituted unfair and false advertising and misrepresentation of what I thought was a “free gift.” • By NutraSkin’s deliberate design, the only price I thought I was agreeing to pay was for shipment of the “free gift.” How misled I was! I had no knowledge that I was at the same time, agreeing to pay $97.28 every month thereafter! This aspect of the transaction was not clearly disclosed!

• Clearly the pricing practices of this transaction were/are deceptive. (When I called the credit card company, the agent told me he had already received four complaints similar to mine that very morning.) Those NutraSkin lawyer-crafted “conditions,” I did not discover until I received my credit card bill at the end of January, explaining that from the time of my purchase on the 18th of December, I had 14 days to cancel my “subscription.” I had no idea that my “free gift” included any subscription for which I would be charged $97.28 every month! This information was certainly not clear to me at the time I accepted the “free gift. I subsequently learned that if I had cancelled, I would have had to return the product unopened & then only to receive a partial refund.

As soon as I saw that NutraSkin had charged me for the so-called “free gift,” I arranged for my credit card company to dispute the bill. They were not optimistic of success. I also called NutraSkin only to be informed that because I had missed the 14 day time limit to cancel, NutraSkin policy disallowed any reimbursement. When I responded that the policy was unacceptable and demanded a return of my $97.28, the NutraSkin manager explained that, as an exception, NutraSkin might return only 50% of the amount charged.

When I realized the outrageous charge for this tiny jar with what appears to be less than ½ oz. of cream (there is no written label on the jar), I felt outraged.

This company has to know few people would pay that much for the tiny jar.Hence their legal machinations to trap unwitting consumers who take the offer at face value & do not click on the hardly evident tiny script links at the bottom of the page.

Review about: Nu Skin Cream Free Trial.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Nu Skin?

Comments